Event Proposals for NOPF 18 are now closed. Thanks to all of you who submitted the stunning array of ideas we received, assuring us that 2018 will be even more fabulous than 2017. We will be announcing acceptances soon.
Proposals for tables in the Small Press Fair are still open and available from the link above. We will begin accepting proposals for individual readers after Event Proposals have been reviewed and accepted, no later than January 1, 2018.
We can now announce three of our main features for this year:
Performance poet, SPD handpicked selection, Whiting Writers Award winner and Notable New American Poet from the Poetry Society of America, Douglas Kearney will perform on Saturday night. Read more about Douglas on his web site, at the Poetry Foundation, and all over.
New Orleans expat Tonya Foster returns to the city from her current professorship at California College of the Arts after winning a long list of awards. You can hear her perform at PennSound, and read about her at the Poetry Foundation, and all over.
More features and attendees will be announced shortly.
2018 Important Dates:
- August 1, 2017: The web site will be open to accept proposals for NOPF 18.
- December 1, 2017: Deadline for submission of proposals.
- January 1, 2018: Panelists and readers notified.
- March 1, 2018: Final schedule posted.
- April 20-22: NOPF 18 (details below are still tentative but now solid enough to post):
- Friday, April 20, 7 PM: Opening show at Café Istanbul (in the New Orleans Healing Center)
- Saturday, April 21, 9 AM - 5 PM: Small Press Fair, Panels and Readings at New Orleans Healing Center
- Saturday, April 21, 7 PM: Featured Reading and dance party at Siberia
- Sunday, April 22, 9 AM - 3.30 PM: Small Press Fair, Panels and Readings at New Orleans Healing Center
- Sunday, April 22, 4 PM - : Grand Finale open mic at the Maple Leaf Bar
- More TBA...
We are happy to announce that our main venue for NOPF18 is the same as 17, the New Orleans Healing Center:
The Saturday night show will be across the street at Siberia, 2227 St Claude.
The Sunday afternoon Open Mic will be at the Maple Leaf Bar, 8316 Oak St.
Please sign up for our mailing list if you are not already on it! Click here for the simple signup form.
We promise not to spam you, and this is the best way to keep informed.
Follow us on Twitter @nolapoetry.
If you would like to see some video highlights from years past, search for us on Youtube.